Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Story - July 2003

This is the story of the most difficult time of our lives. May the telling of it bring hope to others and help me to heal.

7/31/03 Thursday 4 pm

Jesse and I are visiting Phil. When I’m here I want to go home, and when I’m home I get so scared. There is no good place to be. I finally remembered to call Ken and he prayed for us over the phone. God gave him a verse for me – Be anxious for nothing, but by prayer and supplication make your requests to God with thanksgiving. He said when I feel anxious about something, I need to give it to God. Earlier, I felt like God gave me all of Ps. 18, especially these verses:

I love You, O Lord, my strength.

The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge …

The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me …

In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help.

From His temple He heard my voice; my cry came before Him into His ears.

The earth trembled and quaked, and the foundations of the mountains shook;

They trembled because He was angry … He parted the heavens and came down …

He shot His arrows and scattered the enemies …

He reached down from on high and took hold of me; He drew me out of deep waters.

He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me.

They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support.

He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me …

He makes my feet like the feet of a deer …

You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn …

I pursued my enemies and overtook them …

I crushed them so that they could not rise; they fell beneath my feet.

A bruised reed He will not break, and a smoldering wick He will not snuff out. Is. 42:3

Carol called and let me talk for an hour and then I felt a lot better.

Devotion

Let me now go to the field, and glean ears of corn. Ruth 2:2

Downcast and troubled Christian, come and glean today in the broad field of promise. Here are abundance of precious promises, which exactly meet thy wants. Take this one: “He will not break the bruised reed, nor quench the smoking flax.” A reed, helpless, insignificant, and weak, a bruised reed, out of which no music can come; weaker than weakness itself; a reed, and that reed bruised, yet, He will not break thee; but on the contrary, will restore and strengthen thee. He will blow with His sweet breath of mercy … “Fear not … I will help thee … Be not afraid, only believe!”

No comments: