Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Story - August 2003

This is the story of the most difficult time of our lives. May the telling of it bring hope to others and help me to heal.

8/4/03 Monday 2 pm

I took Jesse to band and came to the hospital. I am rearranging my schedule again for these 2 weeks until school starts so that I can be at the hospital in the afternoons while Jesse is at band. And after school starts, I suppose I’ll come and stay until 2 or 3 and then go home so that I can be there when Jesse gets home.

Devotions

We know that all things work together for good to them that love God. Rom. 8:28

Every event as yet has worked out the most divinely blessed results; and so, believing that God rules all, that He governs wisely, that He brings good out of evil, the believer’s heart is assured, and he is enabled calmly to meet each trial as it comes. The believer can in the spirit of true resignation pray, “Send me what thou wilt, my God, so long as it comes from Thee; never came there an ill portion from Thy table to any of Thy children.”

Shall your brethren go to war, and shall ye sit here. Num. 32:6

Shrinking from trial is the temptation of those who are at ease in Zion: they would fain escape the cross and yet wear the crown … If the most precious are tried in the fire, are we to escape the crucible? If the diamond must be vexed upon the wheel, are we to be made perfect without suffering? It is cowardly pride which would choose a downy pillow and a silken couch for a soldier of the cross. Wiser far is he who, being first resigned to the divine will, grows by the energy of grace to be pleased with it, and so learns to gather lilies at the cross foot, and, like Samson, to find honey in the lion.

No comments: