Sunday, November 27, 2011

My Story - August 2003

This is the story of the most difficult time of our lives. May the telling of it bring hope to others and help me to heal.

8/12/03 Tuesday 7 pm

Phil was moved to Skilled Nursing today. He’s on the first floor and has a private room at the end of the hall. He is walking to the bathroom now and feeling better, although he was disoriented today because he had set up things the way he wanted them in the other room and established routines and now everything has changed. We are wondering if he might be able to go home this weekend or next. I think Dr. H. is being very careful this time and I am glad.

I’ve been feeling physically and emotionally shaky the past few days, and I’ve been struggling with fear regarding finances. Anna brought us dinner tonight and she prayed for me. She felt like God was showing her that this is a painful thing and it’s OK to be shaky and it’s normal to be dealing with fear. It’s unrealistic for me to expect to be walking completely in faith and peace.

As she prayed about the finances, she saw manna coming from heaven filling up the basket of provision. As I was praying about taking one day at a time, she said that God wants me to practice thanksgiving for His daily provision.

No comments: