Monday, November 14, 2011

My Story - July 2003

This is the story of the most difficult time of our lives. May the telling of it bring hope to others and help me to heal.

7/25/03 Friday 11:30 am

Today is hard. I have a headache and feel depressed. He is supposed to go home after lunch but the pain is worse. I think Dr. H. will probably send him home anyway. I feel shaky. Phil’s brother is back and I’m glad because I should have help until Sunday. It’s not Lyme’s Disease so it looks like an inflammatory arthritis. It feels like it’s never going to end.

My mom sent an encouraging email in which she said that when my Dad had a flare-up of Rheumatoid Arthritis, it always felts like it was never going to end, but it always got better. She said the doctor used to aspirate the fluid and then shoot cortisone into the joint. I wish there was a rheumatologist here. It looks like it’s going to be rough until we can see one.

Dr. H. took him off steroids and changed the Celebrex to Arthritec and that’s probably why the pain is worse. It’s depressing. I was able to go to work today. I feel like we’re caught in a nightmare that’s never going to end.

7:30 pm

Dr. H. changed him back to Celebrex so the pain is better, and he let us go home. I was scared but he’s doing great. He actually took a shower by himself! His brother brought about 20 videos and they are watching one of them. Things are as back to normal as they are going to get.

Last Thursday in the sanctuary, I felt like the Lord gave me a scripture - Walk by faith and not by sight. I have thought a lot about that because this week it has been one or the other. I look at his ankles and walk by sight; then I read the scriptures that God has given and walk by faith. Back and forth. Up and down.

The pastor came over and we started talking about worship and it was awesome. Phil and I are totally united in our vision. We were pumped up by the whole conversation and prayed together after he left.

No comments: