Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Story - July 2003

This is the story of the most difficult time of our lives. May the telling of it bring hope to others and help me to heal.

7/11/03 Friday
I had a dream right before I woke up this morning that Phil, Jesse, and I were at a resort and there was a terrorist attack. But the attacks were mostly on the perimeter of the resort area. Although later a few struck closer to us, we were never hurt or really even in any danger. That was the gist of it. I felt like God gave me Ps. 91 for the interpretation, especially 7-10: A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked. If you make the Most High your dwelling - even the Lord, who is my refuge - then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. Verse 16 also jumped out at me: With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.

This past week, I wanted God to give me “warm fuzzies” but instead, He seems to be telling me that it’s going to get even harder and preparing me for what is coming. It’s hard not to feel some fear.

No comments: