Friday, December 9, 2011

My Story - September 2003

This is the story of the most difficult time of our lives. May the telling of it bring hope to others and help me to heal.

9/10/03 Wednesday 7:30 am

This is one birthday that I have not been looking forward to, but if Jesse could be happy and content on his, I can too. I feel so very needy right now in my life. Phil’s problems overshadow everything and I am sick to death of it. I want so much for it to end.

This morning, I was crying out to God for it to end soon and I felt like He spoke to me. He gave me several verses.

Your beginnings will seem humble, so prosperous will your future be. Job 8:7

The yoke will be broken from your shoulders. Is. 10:27

The Lord hears the needy. Ps. 69:33

And then when I got to work, He gave me a verse that He has been giving me every year on my birthday for the past several years.

Even to your old age and gray hairs, I am He, I am He who will sustain you.

I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Is. 46:4

All of these verses are very encouraging! I hope that the yoke that He is talking about is this whole ordeal and that it will be broken off of my shoulders soon.

No comments: