Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Story - October 2003

This is the story of the most difficult time of our lives. May the telling of it bring hope to others and help me to heal.

10/4/03 Saturday 8 am

This morning, God gave me Psalm 65 and it is wonderful! I especially like verses 9-11.


You care for the land and water it; You enrich it abundantly.

The streams of God are filled with water to provide the
people with grain,

For so You have ordained it.

You drench its furrows and level its ridges;

You soften it with showers and bless its crops.

You crown the year with Your bounty,

And Your carts overflow with abundance. (Ps. 65:9-11)


God has given me some of these verses before but today they kind of exploded within me and I understood some of what they mean. God is going to drench my furrows (“trenches, wrinkles; a shelter in warfare”) and level my ridges (“hills”). To me, hills represent places of suffering, so I feel like He is saying that He is going to ease my suffering and level me out emotionally. Furrows are trenches and trenches are “shelters in warfare”, so I think that God is saying that He is going to bring a time of refreshing in place of the time of warfare that I have been going through. He is going to soften me with showers and bless my crops (“useful yield”). I think that this is speaking again of refreshing and that He is saying He is going to bless the work of my hands (that He has established). He is going to crown my year with bounty and overflow my carts with abundance.

To me, this is speaking of material blessings and specifically, of money. I wouldn’t be surprised if all of Phil’s medical bills were paid off by the end of this year! God is caring for me and watering me. I think that means that He is caring for and ministering to me and is going to bring a time of refreshing. He is going to enrich me abundantly. To enrich means to “supply with abundant property” and that confirms the verse about crowing the year with His bounty. All in all, it is a wonderful and exciting Psalm and I receive these promises from the Lord’s hand!

No comments: