Thursday, December 8, 2011

My Story - September 2003

This is the story of the most difficult time of our lives. May the telling of it bring hope to others and help me to heal.

9/9/03 Tuesday 12:30 pm

I was back at the hospital today to visit a woman in our church who had surgery. It was hard going back but it was good for me, and it helped that she was on a different floor. I want to be there for people who have to be in the hospital and I don’t want to be afraid. Until Phil’s ordeal, I had rather enjoyed visiting people in the hospital since I grew up around doctors and hospitals.

Phil is still basically in his room and unable to function in the real world. Some days I am full of hope and other days it seems like it will never end. I am having a hard time with this part of his recovery. I want to yell at him to just snap out of it and go back to work. I am really struggling and I cry almost every day - much more than when he was in the hospital. And the support from people isn’t really there anymore now. God is still there, though.

God is still providing for our needs, and I believe that He is able to pay all of our debts. I am almost enjoying watching the different bills come in because I can’t wait to see what He does with them.


No comments: