Friday, December 2, 2011

My Story - August 2003

This is the story of the most difficult time of our lives. May the telling of it bring hope to others and help me to heal.

8/25/03 Monday 8 am

This morning during quiet time, God gave me an amazing verse that I am very excited about.

I have taken out of your hand the cup that made you stagger. Is. 51:22

I hope that this means that the hardest stuff is over. When I read it, I felt like He was talking about Phil’s health. And then I believe that He gave me some other verses.

Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear. Is. 58:8

Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed,

Yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,

Says the Lord, who has compassion on you.

O afflicted city, lashed by storms and not comforted,
I will build you with stones of turquoise, your foundations with sapphires.
I will make your battlements of rubies, your gates of sparkling jewels,
and all your walls of precious stones.
All your sons will be taught by the Lord, and great will be your children's peace.
In righteousness you will be established:

Tyranny will be far from you; you will have nothing to fear.

Terror will be far removed; it will not come near you.
If anyone does attack you, it will not be my doing;
whoever attacks you will surrender to you.
See, it is I who created the blacksmith who fans the coals into flame
And forges a weapon fit for its work.
And it is I who have created the destroyer to work havoc;
No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,

And this is their vindication from me, declares the Lord. Isaiah 54:10-17

One week ago today, I started taking communion every day during quiet time, and I have noticed two things. I have felt closer to the Lord all week and have been filled with love for Him, and my shoulder hasn’t hurt as much. I really, really like doing this and highly recommend it to everyone. Phil has started doing it too.

No comments: