Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Story - December 2003

This is the story of the most difficult time of our lives. May the telling of it bring hope to others and help me to heal.

12/6/03 Saturday 7:30 pm

When I sat down with the ice pack after an hour of ironing, I automatically started to put it on my shoulder and then realized that it was my back that hurt. God has completely healed my shoulder! He said He would and He did!

I am so blessed! I have a job with flexible hours that I enjoy. I still have a wonderful child at home. Phil is working 6 hours a day consistently and we have our insurance back now. God has given me fulfilling projects to do - sewing, cross stitch, scrapbooking, writing, etc. And God has given me heart friends who love me deeply, and my relationship with them is all about the Lord. One blessing after another.

12/7/03 Sunday 1:30 pm

Jesse is in the Christmas orchestra in our church this year and I am at their rehearsal. The first song gave me goosebumps! I had decided to pay him to be in it this year but it never came to that because when he saw the music, he knew he could do it. I’m so glad he’s in it! I pray that God would anoint his trumpet and that it would always be played for His glory.

Church was hard because it is so dead and I feel so alone. However, God continues faithfully to encourage me. Travis said in Sunday School this morning that when God says something will happen, it will happen, and God gave me several verses this morning.

For I will restore the fortunes of the land as they were before, says the Lord. Jer. 33:11

And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised. Heb. 6:156

Be glad, O barren woman, who bears no children;

Break forth and cry aloud, you who have no labor pains;

Because more are the children of the desolate woman

Than of her who has a husband. Gal. 4:27

Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God,

but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully

persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. Rom. 4:20-21

I feel like God is telling me that He will heal Phil completely and that He will restore everything else that goes along with it - finances, emotional trauma, etc. I think He is also saying that I need to keep on waiting patiently, standing firm and believing that He will do everything that He has promised to do, both personally and in the church. And I don’t know what the Gal. verse means, except that somehow I will “bear” children. I certainly am barren right now.

No comments: