Saturday, December 3, 2011

My Story - August 2003

This is the story of the most difficult time of our lives. May the telling of it bring hope to others and help me to heal.

8/27/03 Wednesday 9 am

I am so frustrated, mostly with Phil but also with my life. First the good news. God provided $1000 through Phil’s parents right when we needed it.

This morning, the noise in the car engine seemed worse so here I sit at the car place for the second time in a week. I am frustrated but not afraid.

Phil is doing better and seems fine to me. I am really frustrated that he won’t at least try to go back to work for an hour. He doesn’t hurt at all and his feet are fine. He isn’t sleeping that much anymore since he cut down on the iron, and he isn’t that depressed any more. The only complaint he has it that he “can’t concentrate”, whatever that means. I am so frustrated and when I talked to God about it, I felt like He said - In quietness and trust is your strength. (Is. 30:15) In other words, I need to leave him alone and trust God.

Since I started taking communion daily (on Aug. 18), I have noticed a few changes. First of all, I have felt very close to the Lord and filled with love for Him. I guess that’s what the word “communion” means. I have also noticed some physical changes. My intestinal problem seems to be completely gone and my heel doesn’t hurt as much. My left shoulder feels like it is (slowly) getting better.

This morning, as I was taking communion, it occurred to me that the bread represents Christ’s body upon which He took the stripes for our healing, and the wine represents His blood which brings deliverance. Together, the wine and the bread represent salvation. So we have salvation, healing, and deliverance symbolized in communion, which is the same thing the Lord speaks of in Isaiah 61:1.

No comments: