Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Vision

Last Sunday during worship, I had a "vision" where our finances were on the left side and Phil was on the right side. Both the finances and Phil were very high up, like high in the sky, and I was on the ground looking up at them. As I looked, I began to understand that there was nothing I could do about either one, that God was the only One who could change or fix or affect either one.

Both of these areas of my life are BEYOND me. They are so far beyond me that I can’t even touch either one. I might try to touch them but I can’t, not really. Only God can. He began to whisper to me, "Let Me take it. Let Me take it." Over and over again. So I gave both of these things to Him.

I began to have a sense of God hovering above them, a sense of Him moving in these areas. He is high and lifted up and He is greater than my troubles. He, and only He, can do anything about either one of these things. So it’s best if I let Him take over and stop trying to “fix” or “figure out” these things. He already has it all figured out. All I can do is watch from below. That's all He wants me to do, to watch Him move. His ways are higher than ours.

2 comments:

Kristi McInerney said...

That is so awesome! I'm so glad the Lord taught you this...I've been praying for you, I know God will take care of you and your husband.

Diane said...

Thank you so much for your support and prayers. It means a lot.