Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hospital again

I am so puzzled. It seems like Phil does better when he's in the hospital than when he's at home. Last night, after 7 1/2 hours in the ER, he was admitted to Baptist. This is the third time in a month and it's getting really old. He says he has been so nauseated that he hasn't been able to eat since coming home and he ended up getting dehydrated, which is why they admitted him. They are going to scope his stomach tomorrow and I don't know whether to hope that they find something or that they don't.

I am exhausted. I hope that one day soon, things will change because I don't know how much longer I can do this. Tax season has started and I am working full-time, taking care of him, taking care of the house, groceries, meals, etc. I am weary in every sense of the word.

We "shared" a huge trauma room with a curtain down the middle with a woman who was obviously rich and well-known in the state government. The doctors were practically bowing at her feet and she got anything she wanted. She even told them which floor to admit her to. But ... her CT scan showed that the cancer they thought they had removed during gallbladder surgery 3 months ago had probably spread. In the end, money and connections don't mean a thing. I felt so sorry for her.

1 comment:

Kristi McInerney said...

so true...still praying for you and your husband...I can't imagine how emotionally and physically draining all of this is on you, hang in there, love, Kristi.