Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Update

Well, it turned out not to be pancreatitis and that is good. It was a bad gallbladder attack for which he needed to be hospitalized and treated because things like that are a lot harder on his body than on other people. His breathing has improved and he is off of oxygen. They found a nodule in his prostate that will eventually require a biopsy.

The plan is to wait 2 months and then see a surgeon about removing his gallbladder and doing the biopsy at the same time. Because of multiple abdominal surgeries, he will probably have to have an open surgery which will require about a week in the hospital and 2 more months to recover. I am not even going to think about him going back to work until July. Bummer.

I find that sometimes I have hope that this will all eventually end and sometimes I think this is going to be the way our lives are from now on. Today is sort of a discouraging day. It started out filled with anxiety because he told me last night that he was coming home today (and we are expecting snow too). I felt completely overwhelmed but managed to give it all to the Lord and concentrate on doing my job. Later on I found out that the doctor wanted to keep him a few more days, for which I am exceedingly grateful. I also found out that the snow isn't supposed to start until this evening so it shouldn't cause a problem.

The good things are: this is his second day off of oxygen, he does have a bit of an appetite (although eating and drinking are hard due to pain caused by thrush caused by antibiotics), and they are walking him twice a day. God is faithful and He will get us through this. He still has a plan for our lives, even if I can't see it. And He knows how hard this is for me and that counts for something in His eyes. I would never make it without Him.

No comments: