Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Traveling

Lots of traveling. Counting today, I will have traveled 3 out of the last 4 days. It's been exhausting but wonderful! I spent Saturday with a friend in Conway and it is always so much fun just to be together. I am so blessed to have a heart friend like her with whom I can completely be myself and know that I am accepted and loved. She is full of mercy.

On Sunday, I went to Rogers to see my daughter and her family. I really, really needed to see my grandchildren because a family in our community lost their only daughter/grandchild right before Thanksgiving and it shook me up because I knew the grandmother. She was only 5 and her death was totally unexpected. Alex must have understood on some level because he hugged me more than he ever has before! Eva and I were able to get away for most of the afternoon, which she really needed, and it was a lot of fun! It reminded me of when she was a little girl and we used to go to Little Rock for our yearly special shopping trip.

I went to church with them and gave the pastor's wife a few little worship tools I had made (some small streamers and wrist ribbons) in case they would be interested in using them for the children. I couldn't tell at first whether she even wanted to use them ... but after the service, she came up to me to thank me and said that during the children's worship time, they had so much fun using the tools that several of them actually cried when it was over! It touched my heart that my own grandson is the firstfruits of my labor in this area. Of course, this makes me want to pour into their laps!

Today, I'm going back to Conway to purchase a few Christmas gifts and to drop off and pick up some things at my friend's house. It should be a quick and pleasant trip and then the traveling is over for until December 11, at which time I am meeting Eva and her family at the DeGray State Park lodge in order to babysit while they participate in a wedding of some of their best friends.

No comments: