Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 1




It was a peaceful, restful day and the rain all day long added to the cozy ambiance. We ate lemon-pepper chicken from the Walmart deli, which we had been wanting to try for a long time, and it was moist and incredibly delicious. Dessert was a dark rum pecan pie - yum!

I made a cherry cheesecake for tomorrow (a request from my son) and snapped the green beans to prepare them for cooking. Tomorrow will be Thanksgiving 2.

I finished stitching a small ornament for a friend and started on another one. Several days ago, I finished The Dove. It was a kit I bought and, after many false starts, I finally "forced" myself to work on it beginning last month and then I was hooked. As much as I strained to finish it (much like giving birth), I missed it when it was finished.

Off to bed now because I have to get up early to put the turkey in the oven ...

No comments: