Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2




Jesse and Krissy came over for Thanksgiving 2 and it was truly wonderful! Things fell into place more smoothly than I ever remember and the food seemed to taste better too. We had delicious, moist turkey, fresh green beans, my special stuffing, 2 kinds of mashed potatoes (butter and roasted garlic), flaky crescent rolls, and cherry cheesecake and dark rum pecan pie for dessert. We talked together and watched 2 movies. They had never seen "Air Force One" and seemed to enjoy it.

When Krissy told me that she wanted so much to get a small Christmas tree, I told her they could use ours because, for the time being, I am putting up a manger instead of a tree and ours is just the right size for their apartment. I also gave them the small tub of ornaments I had been saving for Jesse since he was a baby. That felt good.

Every year since my kids were little, I have been making 4 ornaments, usually cross stitched, for Christmas - one for us and one for each of them. Most of them have the years on them and it was fun to be able to actually finally give them to Jesse.

Now for a turkey sandwich (the BEST part) ... Gotta love those leftovers!

No comments: