Thursday, March 25, 2010

Progress

It appears that the MRSA is responding to the antibiotics! Praise God! We do not think he will have to be hospitalized again. We also got the prostate biopsy results back. The good news is that they didn't see any cancer. The bad news is that there were some abnormal cells, so he has to have another biopsy in 3 months. I am praying that will be the end of it.

When Phil called his boss to talk about when he might try to go back to work, he was told that the are laying off people for the first time in the history of the company and it would be best if he stays on disability for now and lays low for a few months. Upsetting news but clear direction from God and you can't argue with that.

Work has been extremely stressful because I am having to do parts of other people's jobs as well as my own. Tax season causes so much stress that we all have meltdowns. I can't wait until April 15. The payroll person is leaving on April 2 for eight days and I will have to do all the payrolls. I am dreading it because I don't like doing payroll and am not that familiar with it. But I can do all things through Christ.

I am taking off tomorrow after work to go see Eva and my babies because Kevin is on a trip until Sunday night. I can't wait! My emotional margin has been all used up and I am hoping that this time away will help build it back up so that I don't feel like crying when any little thing goes wrong. When Alex was born 3 years ago, I felt like God promised me that whenever I miss him and feel like I can't stand it anymore, He will make a way for me to go and see him ... and He has done just that. Every. Single. Time. I am very, very grateful. Alex and Gabe are the joys of my life. Being a grandmother is the best thing in the world.

No comments: