Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ceiling Fans

Today the doctor put Phil on the only oral antibiotic left to try to treat the MRSA. If this doesn't work, he will have to be hospitalized for 4-6 weeks in order to be treated with I.V. antibiotics.

I asked my boss to figure out how much we need to request to be withheld for taxes from the disability payments and was disappointed to find out that it was a lot more than I thought. This is a hard thing. The whole day was difficult and I was near tears. I was able to talk to my pastor during lunch and he prayed for me and that helped.

This evening, a friend came over and installed a ceiling light kit in my room and a new ceiling fan in the living room. It was the last step in getting new light kits on each fan in the house so that I can actually stand on the floor and change the bulbs instead of balancing on a step stool to remove the globes first. What I didn't count on was the vast improvement in the amount of light in each room.

The fan in the living room was the cheapest one that Walmart had but it's the most beautiful fan I have ever seen! My friend has no idea what he did for me and at just the right time. This ministered deeply to my heart. It sounds like a little thing but it's like the Lord is saying that He still has good things for me in this life ... at a time when it's very hard to see the good because the bad is so big.

2 comments:

Kristi McInerney said...

It's amazing how little acts of service may seem to trivial but are truly a blessing just when we need it. Praying for you and your husband Diane.

Diane said...

Your comments are such an encouragement!