Monday, March 22, 2010

A Hard Day

It's been a hard day for Phil. I actually had a good day for once but then I came home ...

It turns out that his staph infection is getting worse so he's going to the doctor tomorrow to see what the next step is. If he needs IV antibiotics, then he might have to go back into a hospital, although for the life of me, I can't figure out which one to use this time. This is the kind of staph that is resistant to antibiotics.

He also found out that they are going to begin laying off people at his work for the first time in the company's history. We don't really know anything yet but we somehow doubt that they will let him go back to work now. So I guess that's that. At least he is on a kind of disability and has applied for Social Security Disability. But it's still going to be hard.

He also found out that his best friend is moving to another state in a few months, back to where he grew up. He has been a good friend and God has used him greatly for us.

It feels like life is over but we've been through this before and things have always eventually worked out somehow. I wish I knew someone on disability that I could talk to but the only person I know of lives in Washington.

I know that God will somehow get us through this too. It's just hard. It's a lot to process.

No comments: