Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Streamers



The last time I visited my daughter’s church, they were teaching my grandson how to worship! When the music started, his teacher brought him into the back of the sanctuary and showed him how to lift his hands to the Lord. She even gave him some little finger cymbals to use and some sticks to rub together (or use to beat on a chair like a drum!). I was greatly moved by this - I don’t ever think I have seen anyone *teach* a little child how to worship.

I cut three streamers that I had into two pieces each to make shorter streamers for Alex and kids his age and longer streamers for the older kids. I even found three shorter sticks that were already made! It was so cool because I had made the streamers years ago and ended up never having the opportunity to use them, so it took all of five minutes.

I want to give these to that sweet church as gifts. In two weeks, I plan on being there for church and I will bring them at that time and also a few wrist ribbons. I plan on giving them to the woman in charge of my grandson’s class because she’s the one teaching him how to worship. This just delights my heart!

No comments: