Thursday, November 27, 2008

Photo Stockings

When my oldest child was small, I decided to make photo stockings. I got some red gingham (for my daughter) and some green gingham (for the boys), made Christmas stockings, and cross stitched their names near the top. Then I found photos of them from birth on, applied rick-rack around the edges, and whip-stitched them onto the stockings. I have pictures of them from their first Christmas through high school graduation. As each child graduated, I made them a cross stitched stocking to take with them. It’s fun to hang their stockings each year and see how they looked throughout the years.

Here is a photo stocking for Gabe, our new grandson. The first photo is always edged in gold.


Here is Alex's stocking (our 2 yr. old grandson), so you can get an idea of how it looks with photos added each year.

2 comments:

Tiffany Lee said...

I LOVE that idea!!

oliviasmommy07 said...

I love the cross-stitched stockings!! My grandma made me one when I was born and my parents still have ti and use it at their house til this day!! Maybe we could work a deal and I could pay you to make one for Olivia. I want one for her so bad but have NO IDEA how to even begin...I even thought about buying one of those kits but not sure I could even do that!!!
Congratulations on your newest grandbaby!!
Jenny