Sunday, November 16, 2008

Church




Church was great. It was good to get out of the house and God spoke to me, which is always wonderful. It would be good for me to listen to a sermon every day. Gabriel did very well - he seems like a very calm, undemanding baby so far - and Alex loves church.

The sermon was about “detours” that God takes us on throughout our life and how we can’t see the purpose but He does. I feel like I’ve been on a huge detour the past few years. One thing that jumped out at me was: “I have ruined you for My purposes.” I can relate to that on so many levels. We must make a decision to believe that God sees things we can’t see and is leading us accordingly.

When you go down a familiar path, you zone out, but when the path becomes challenging, you have to focus back on God. It also challenges your perspective and you have to see that this thing you’re afraid of is something that God is walking above. God is using this to bring you to where He wants you and He is protecting you all along and will never leave you. He sees things you don’t see and didn’t bring you this far only to leave you.

O God, give me the ability to believe that You will take care of me no matter what!

1 comment:

Tony said...

i understand detours.. God is so good... He never changes, its always us that change.. we sometimes need to change our perspective.. this blog entry was wonderful... thanks for sharing..

God bless
Tony