Friday, August 24, 2012

Another Start

So I decided to try this again. I want this to be a place where I can pop in and pop out and write long, intense things and write short, not-so-intense things. I want this to be fun! I changed the title and the look to reflect a less serious and more fun and random blog.

Currently I am crocheting like crazy - baby hats and blankets and I'm about to start scarves for fourth graders. The crocheting/knitting bug usually hits in the winter so this is surprising, but a lot of fun.

I have also begun a journey on ancestry.com. It's captivating and very easy to use but I didn't realize how involved it would be. I had only planned on joining for a few months but so much information is basically handed to you that it is going to take maybe a year to do all the research. I have found that it is very easy to get off track by "accepting" other people's "hints" so I'm trying to slow down and do the research along the way. I would rather go back to the 1500's and be sure of what I have than go back to the 500's and wonder.

Doing the genealogy and then attending a funeral this week has made me think about how quickly our lives are over. That is just the way it is. Eternity is the important thing, not so much this life.

" ... For he knows how we are formed,
He remembers that we are dust.
As for man, his days are like grass,
He flourishes like a flower of the field;
The wind blows over it and it is gone,
And its place remembers it no more."
Psalm 103: 14-16


No comments: