Saturday, December 13, 2008

Medical Expenses

I spent most of the day creating and updating spreadsheets for 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 medical expenses. I am going to take the information to work to determine if it would help us to file amended state returns for the last three years. In the past, I didn't know that you can claim medical copays as deductions. For some reason, I had always thought that if you had insurance, the copays didn’t count. And I'm not sure that I included all the medical mileage. We'll see. It was a lot of work but fun - I love working with data.

I was amazed when I created the 2005 spreadsheet from my check register to see how very, very little we spent per month on medical expenses before Phil’s first surgery. Truly amazing and also sad. It was kind of like looking at a life that I had totally forgotten ever existed.

No comments: