Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Giving Thanks

I know I’m a little late (because Thanksgiving has passed) but lately I’ve been thinking about things I’m thankful for. When Phil was in the hospital and hanging on by a thread and life was terribly scary, I discovered the incredible power in giving thanks.

Sometimes it would all get overwhelming and when I felt like I couldn’t take it any more, I discovered that the best thing to do at those times was to call a friend and pray over the phone with her. Only we didn’t ask God for things … we thanked Him instead. We thanked God for anything and everything we could possibly think of and then the fear would leave and I would feel like I could go on.

There are so many things that I am thankful for (in no particular order) …

* God took care of us … through $200/month of medical supplies, $400 for 2 tiny vials of medicine, 7 months of Phil being off work …

* the Internet - it has been an incredible blessing … communication … learning … fun … friends ...

* Kids - all I ever wanted was to get married and have kids and God allowed me to! I gave birth to 3 miracles who have given birth to 2 more miracles!

* Jobs - I had a great job for 10 years working for a dear friend. I’ve gotten to experience many different kinds of work since then and now have a job that is fun and fulfilling. And I have hope for the future.

* Husband - faithful, loving, kind, patient, very hard-working - no one else in his condition would still be working … and he listens to me!

* Mother - still alive … God kept her alive long enough for us to finally become good friends … a blessing.

* Church - a pastor who is very kind and patient, a man of integrity … a church that loves us, holds us up, gives and gives to us … we are very loved!

* Creativity - God gave me the blessing of creativity … cross stitch, scrapbooking, sewing, knitting, etc. - a wonderful and very important outlet

* Eva - my daughter is now my friend … how rich I am! - the only other woman in the family … how amazing to see this sweet little girl blossom into a woman … incredible strength I hadn’t known was there

* Jesse - lots of fun to be around … keeps me interested, growing, stimulated intellectually … a kind and giving heart … my little boy is a man!

* Worship - it’s something wonderful and fun that God has given us to express our love for Him

* God’s unconditional love and acceptance … no matter what

No comments: