Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Best and Worst of Times

My Internet cross stitch friend, Sandra, just emailed me about some layoffs in her Internet department at Bass Pro Shops in MO. They laid off a widow with health problems who is raising 3 boys and Sandra’s immediate boss who moved there from TX a year ago to take the job. It is so sad! I read about similar situations every week. I’ve never seen anything like this as long as I’ve been alive but I know that my mom has and she keeps saying it will get better. It makes me so grateful to God that, in the middle of all of this scary stuff, He actually gave me a (for me) high-paying job that is exactly what I like to do. Many times in the past, bad things happened to us and I didn’t understand why, but now a good thing has happened to us and I still don’t understand the ways of God.

No comments: